The car is one of the most recognizable inventions of the modern era. Without vehicles, we wouldn’t have access to the majority of opportunities we have these days. We wouldn’t be able to see the world, take trips, get from point A to point B in such short time, or live the every day lives we lead. Look back on some of the facts and interesting tidbits about them and its crazy to think how far we have come!
- The first cars did not have steering wheels. Drivers steered with a lever.
- The New York City Police Department used bicycles to pursue speeding motorists in 1898.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1902.
- In 1916, 55 percent of the cars in the world were Model T Fords, a record that has never been beaten.
- The first gas gauge appeared in cars in 1922.
- In 1923, 173 new inventions by women for cars had been reported. Among these inventions were a carburetor and an electric engine starter.
- The first car radio was invented in 1929.
- Buick introduced the first electric turn signals in 1938.
- The Peanuts characters were first animated in 1957 for a Ford Fairlaine automobile commercial.
- Most American car horns beep in the key of F.
- The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world today.
We can sure be thankful for how far we have come in the world of automobiles. And it sure is neat to look back on the facts!
Contact Atlantic Car Care today with questions or comments!
21 New Bern Street
Wilmington, North Carolina 28403